Sundance Spas CLEARRAY Water Purification System & MicroClean Water Management System
At Sundance Spas & The Sundance Spa Stores we think you should do more of what matters to you! Spend less time maintaining your hot tub and more time enjoying your hot tub. The patented CLEARRAY™ Water Purification and MicroClean® Water Management System will help make that a reality!
With more than 36 years of experience crafting high quality Spas (Hot Tubs), we take pride in helping people spend time meaningfully. So go ahead and relax more. Let your mind wander. Savor each and every moment. Celebrate life. Start your Sundance lifestyle today. You deserve it!
Hot Tub water care is a reality, but it doesn’t have to be a burden. Through the perfect combination of elements, our water care features & technology helps you focus on the way you and your family feel when you use your Sundance Spa.
Sundance Spas Patented ClearRay Water Purification System
Sundance Spas CLEARRAY™ Water Purification System alongside the MicroClean® filtration system featured on our 880™, Select & 780™ Series Hot Tubs towers above all other hot tub water treatment systems for ensuring pure, clear water with low maintenance and decreased chemical usage.
- CLEARRAY™ Treats 99.9% of waterborne pathogens
- Factory Installed Exclusive UV-C Technology
- Over 50% Reduction in Sanitizing Chemical Usage
- Easy Care and Maintenance with Annual Bulb Replacement
- No Harmful Odors or By-Products Produced or Created
- Durable Stainless Steel and Quartz Components
- Your Sundance Hot Tub Will Remind You When To Replace Your CLEARRAY™ Bulb
Because of the Inherent Benefits and Endless Possibilities, UV Light Applications Have Become the World’s #1 Choice for Industries That Require Water, Air and Surface Sterilization. Germicidal UV-C Technology (CLEARRAY) Offers Safe, Simple and Cost Effective Solutions! UV-C Light is Used to Help Safe Guard Drinking Water, Food, Food Processing Plants, Hospitals, HVAC, etc.
What is UV-C Light?
- A Natural Part of the Spectrum of Electromagnetic Energy Generated by The Sun
- Effectively Interacts with The DNA of Bacteria and Viruses; Destroying Their Ability to Reproduce
- Is A Natural Process That Adds No By-Products to Your Water and Requires No Chemicals
- Is Not Generating Ozone – Ozone Is Injected into Your Hot Tub’s Water Causing Off-Gas Which Will Have a Damaging Effect On Things Like Your Headrests (Pillows), Cover, Caps, Knobs, etc.…
- UV-C Light Creates NO Chemical or By-Products, Unlike Ozone Generators & Salt Systems, Which Create By-Product (Off-Gas) & Chemical (Bromine or Chlorine)
- Germicidal UV-C Technology Is Superior to Traditional Germicidal Methods for Sterilizing Bacteria, Fungi and Viruses
The UV Spectrum
UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C are all part of the ultraviolet light spectrum.
Ultraviolet A – Wavelength(nanometers)315- 400, Long Wave, Not Absorbed by The Ozone Layer. Results in Skin Tanning, used in Medicine to Treat Skin Disorders.
Ultraviolet B – Wavelength(nanometers)280-315, Medium Wave, Mostly Absorbed by The Ozone Layer. Has A Very High Penetrating Ability and Results in Sunburn. Prolonged Exposure Is Responsible for Some Types of Skin Disease, Skin Ageing and Cataracts.
Ultraviolet C – Wavelength(nanometers)100 - 254, Short Wave, Germicidal, Completely Absorbed by The Ozone Layer and Atmosphere. Extremely Low Penetrating Ability and Is Completely Absorbed by The Outer, Dead Layer of Skin Where It Does No Harm.
UV-C Light Is Very Versatile, used for Disinfecting Water, Destroying Harmful Micro-Organisms in Liquids, on Surfaces, on Food Products and in the Air.
UV-C Technology (CLEARRAY™) Destroys 99.9% of all waterborne pathogens within Seconds, Without Harmful Side Effects.
Who Is Using UV-C Technology?
UV-C Light Has Been Used for Years as A Reliable Water Disinfectant. It Is Used in The Following Industries:
- Bottling & Beverages
- Food, Commercial Kitchens (HVAC) & Food Processing Plants
- Industrial & Municipal Water Plants, Waste Water Plants
- Medical Hospitals & Pharmaceuticals, Medical Facilities, Healthcare
- Government Buildings, Life Sciences, Sanitation Facilities
- Aquariums, Aquaculture, Fish Farms, Farms, Agriculture
- Homes, Cottages for Drinking Water – Can Also Be Installed Directly into Your New or Existing HVAC System or Furnace.
- Ballast Water in Ships
- Printing (Rubber, Plastic, Vinyl)
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Research Study Finds UV-C Lights Improve Quality and Shelf Life of Cut Cantaloupe.
According to the study, "Results indicate that while post-cut application of UV improved shelf life of cut cantaloupe melon, cutting fruit under UV-C radiation further improves product quality."
More specifically, the study found that UV-C radiation during processing reduced rancidity and improved firmness retention in the stored fruit. It also reduced spoilage microorganisms such as mesophilic and lactic acid bacteria.
Martin and Sons Farms Inc. Brockport, New York
“To Reduce Mold Counts in The Room Where We Process Butternut Squash, We Pressurized the Space and Installed Steril-Aire UV-C Lights. We’ve Had a Ten Fold Reduction in Mold Counts, Our Air Quality Has Improved and Our Shelf Life Has Increased Dramatically as A Result”
How UV-C Light (CLEARRAY™) Compares to Salt & Ozone Systems
CLEARRAY™ - Ultraviolet Germicidal Disinfection
Ozone System – Corona Discharge Ozone Generator
Salt System – Salt Chlorine OR Bromine Generator
CLEARRAY™ - Disinfects Water Instantly by Exposure to UV-C Light Bulb
Ozone System – Works by Creating + Injecting Ozone GAS into the Hot Tub
Salt System – Disinfects by Continually Changing Salt into Hypochlorous ACID
CLEARRAY™ - Factory Installed by Sundance Spas
Ozone System – Generic, After Market Item, Not Factory Installed
Salt System – Generic, After Market Item, Not Factory Installed
CHEMICAL CREATION & BY PRODUCT
CLEARRAY™ - Does Not Create Any By-Products/Chemical. Will Not Cause Any Damage to The Hot Tub Equipment.
Ozone System – Creates OFF-GAS & BY-PRODUCTS Which Will Cause Wear & Tear On Hot Tub Equipment, Cover, Pillows, Caps, Knobs, etc.
Salt System – Creates Chlorine OR Bromine Which Will Cause Wear & Tear On Hot Tub Equipment, Cover, Pillows, Caps, Knobs, etc.
CLEARRAY™ MEANS CLEANER WATER WITH FEWER CHEMICALS & LESS MAINTENANCE
You don’t have to worry about always having clear, fresh water for your after-work soaks, family gatherings, and backyard parties with our CLEARRAY™ Water Purification System. Standard on our Sundance® Spas, this water treatment system sets the bar for purification throughout the industry. In our laboratory and field tests, CLEARRAY™ was found to significantly reduce the amount of sanitizer needed while consistently delivering clean water and improved hot tub hygiene. Our system operates on UV-C technology, utilizing powerful light to destroy 99.9% of waterborne pathogens. That means no excessive chemicals, gases, or other by-products, which is good news for your skin and eyes.
CLEARRAY™ uses practical materials, like quartz and stainless steel, for lasting durability. Maintenance is easy, too, with only annual replacement required for the UV-C bulb. For a built-in solution to cleaning your water, the system delivers more than just purification. It also saves money while increasing the health benefits and safety of soaking in your hot tub.
Stay Tuned for Next Weeks Blog On Our MicroClean® Water Management System. The Sundance Spa Store, Burlington, Oakville, St. Catharine’s, Mississauga