Apollo Global Management & The History of Sundance Spas- Part 2
In last weeks blog, we talked about the history of Sundance Spas from their early days based in a garage in California to becoming the largest hot tub manufacturer in the world.
Now owned by The Apollo Management Group (who's hot tub division also includes Hydropool, ThermoSpas, jacuzzi & Dimension One) Sundance Spas has been an industry leader since 1979. This week we want to highlight some of the many innovations and industry firsts that Sundance have rolled out over the years, as they continue to develop the lastest and greatest in hot tub technology. Sundance owners can enjoy a wonderfully relaxing hydrotherapy massage, with the minimum amount of time and effort spent on maintenance.
Innovations & *Industry Firsts* by Sundance Spas (* = Industry First)
In 1980, *Sundance® Spas was the first hot tub manufacturer to incorporate recessed jets*
In 1984, Sundance Spas became the first hot tub, spa or jacuzzi manufacturer to use the *Application of electronic technology to spa control systems*
In 1985, Sundance Spas designed the First *whirlpool therapy jet*
In 1986, Sundance Spas had 4, yes 4, industry firsts;
- *Recessed, molded pillows*
- *Built-in Brominator™*
- *Replacement of air channel system with Silent Air® Injection System*
- *Wide-mouth SlipStream™ skimmer with 20" floating weir gate*
In 1987, Sundance Spas added *Built-in assist bars*
In 1988, Sundance Spas had 2 industry firsts;
- The development of the *Rigid Bond™ shell construction*
- *U.L. - listed ozone system for underskirt installation*
In 1989, Sundance Spas innovated the use of *Direct Pressure™ System technology*
In 1991, The now legendary customer favorite Accu-Ssage™ Therapy Seat was added to all Sundance models.
In 1992, Sundance Spas had 2 hot tub industry firsts;
- *Four-jet vertical jet system*
- *Built-in SunScents™ aromatherapy dispensing system*
- Also in 1992, Consumers Digest awarded their "Best Buy" designation to the Sundance 880 Series Cameo.
In 1993, *Electronic, topside pH and ORP monitoring system*
In 1994, *Exclusive PermaClear™ water clensing system*
In 1995, *Exclusive Intelli-Jet variable/adjustable hydro jet*
In 1996, *First spa manufacturer to receive ISO 9001 certification*
In 1997, Distribution in more than 60 countries.
In 1998, Another Consumers Digest "Best Buy" award goes to the Sundance Spas Optima.
In 1999, *Introduction of exercise spa and SunSport™ aquatic exercise system and ISO-Pure Water Management System*
In 2000, Sundance Spas introduced;
- SunZone® CD ozone system.
- *Sentry Smart™ Heater with titanium coil*
In 2001, Sundance® Spas had 2 industry firsts;
- *Accu-Ssage™ Therapy Seat with patented Fluidix ST™ Jets*
- *Two-part, color-coordinated ComforTone™ headrests*
In 2002, Sundance® Spas added the following to their range of spas;
- *MicroClean® water filtration*
- SunStrong® synthetic cabinetry.
- SunZone® mixing chamber.
In 2003, Sundance® Spas added 2 new industry firsts & won another Consumers Digest Best Buy Award;
- *Fluidix Intelli-Jet™, the exclusive, patented jet which adjusts to provide steady or pulsating stream using bearingless technology* were used for the first time.
- *Sundance® Spas became the first and only spa/hot tub/jacuzzi manufacturer to receive an award from the Water Quality Association for spa water filtration*
- Consumers Digest awarded their "Best Buy" award to the Sundance Solo hot tub
In 2004, Sundance® Spas added 2 new industry firsts;
- *Vortex™ Jets, the latest innovation in jet technology, developed and designed by Sundance, utilizes no movings parts and offers a unique rifling massage*
- *SunSound™ SNC Stereo and Remote Exclusive Spa Noise Compensation (SNC) feature are developed to automatically adjusts stereo volume based on hot tub pump settings*
In 2005, Sundance Spas added the following innovations & industry first;
- Dynamic Flow™ Circulation Pump, which moves seven times more water per minute than typical hot tub systems, at virtually the same energy costs.
- *MicroClean® II water filtration*
- AquaTerrace™ Waterfall
In 2006, Sundance Spas added 2 new innovations and won a Consumer Digest Best Buy award;
- Fluidix Reflex™ Jet, the Next-generation design in the patented Fluidix Jet series are released.
- SMT™ Fluidix Jets introduces Fluidix Jets to the 780 Series for the first time.
- The 880 Series Cameo once again receives the Consumers Digest "Best Buy" award.
In 2007, Sundance® Spas added 2 new innovations and added 2 new industry firsts;
- *A Docking Station Made for Apple iPod® and Auxiliary MP3 Jack Standard with SunSound Stereo option*
- External LED Accent Lights Fit on the hot tub cabinet corners. (optional)
- *MicroClean® Plus Water Filtration*
- Fluidix Nex™ Jets - Pulsing neck jets that use no moving parts added to 880 Series hot tubs.